This information is due for John Bowlby
The psychological case study project is a demonstration of your understanding and application of psychological theory in a real-world setting. This project is a cumulative demonstration of your understanding and application of the course objectives. The project involves choosing a famous person of interest. It can be any individual that you are able to locate enough biographical information to develop your project. You are expected to include a psychological analysis of the individual, by selecting one of the seven major perspectives in modern psychology. This project provides an opportunity for you to demonstrate your knowledge of course objectives, to exhibit your ability to conduct research using a scientific method (the case study), and to provide analysis of the individual’s behavior, motivations, personality and development.
For Part 1, you will choose a famous individual (excluding Sigmund Freud). As a first step in developing the case study, identify the individual and gather biographical information from reputable and reliable sources (avoid gossip sites and tabloids). www.biography.com is a reputable source. You are expected to include a psychological analysis of the individual, by selecting one of the seven major perspectives in modern psychology. Further research on the perspectives can be conducted in the ITT Tech Virtual Library.
In Part 1 of the project, perform the following tasks:
1. Identify your person of interest, excluding SigmundFreud, and locate reliable, biographical sources of information from reputable and reliable sources. You can consider using the Web site www.biography.com as a possible source. Avoid gossip sites and tabloids.
2. Write a biosketch of the individual, highlighting the following aspects: Upbringing Work life Personal life Accomplishments
3. Choose one of the seven major perspectives in modern psychology, which are: Psychodynamic Behavioral Humanistic Cognitive Neuroscience Evolutionary Sociocultural
4. Analyze one aspect of the individual’s behavior using the chosen perspective. It can be any behavior, trait, skill or attitude of interest.
Save your work as a Word document of at least 300 words and submit it as an attachment on the Questa Learning Plan. Include APA formatting for references and in-text citations.
Due: Week 4
Grading Weight: 10%
For Part 2 of the project, continue your analysis of the individual by focusing on factors that can motivate individuals. Review the information on Maslow’s theory ofmotivation and human needs using the textbook, the online lesson, and the ITT Tech Virtual Library.
Apply Maslow’s theory to your case study and answer the following questions:
1. What motivated your subject to achieve whatever the person has achieved in life?
2. Address how this person has progressed through the hierarchy of needs defined in Maslow’s theory. Has the individual reached self-actualization?
3. How well does this theory apply to the individual’s life experiences? Are any of the individual’s needs addressed out of the sequence defined by Maslow’s theory?
Save your work as a Word document of at least 400 words and submit it as an attachment on the Questa Learning Plan. Include APA formatting for references and in-text citations.
Due: Week 7
Grading Weight: 10%
motivate the individual? Did you identify how the individual progressed through the hierarchy of needs defined in Maslow’s theory? Did you use APA citation in your submission? Did you submit the projects on time?
Oral Presentation of Final Project
Use the information you gathered in Project Parts 1 and 2, and the Week 6 essay, as well as feedback from your instructor, to make your psychological case study presentation. Make an oral presentation, either by recording the presentation or by writing notes in the PowerPoint presentation “Notes” area.
Your PowerPoint presentation must include information about the following topics in detail, with appropriate headings:
1. A case study of your chosen individual, highlighting the person’s:Upbringing Work life Personal life Accomplishments
2. Psychological analysis of behavior/personality from one of the seven major perspectives
3. Application of Erikson’s theory to the individual’s development from childhood to adulthood
4. Application of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs to the chosen individual’s motivation
5. Conclusion and reference slide
Save your work as a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation with a minimum of 15 slides and submit it to your instructor as an attachment on the Questa Learning Plan. Graphics and a background format must be used and written statements must be included. Cite all sources using APA format.
Paper#22368 | Written in 21-Jan-2016Price : $33