Details of this Paper

Cost Accounting homework-E10-6 P10-8 P10-8.....................

Description

solution


Question

Question;Problem;10-5;1.;Clean-It;Products, Inc.;Income;Statement by Territory;Total;Sales;Territories;East;%;West;%;Sales;$;10,00,000;$;6,00,000;60.0%;$ 4,00,000;40.0%;Less variable expenses *;6,00,000;3,70,000;62.0%;2,30,000;38.0%;Contribution margin;4,00,000;2,30,000;2.0%;1,70,000;2.0%;Less direct fixed costs;2,00,000;54,000;36,000;Segment margin;$;2,00,000;$;1,76,000;$;1,34,000;Less common fixed costs;1,20,000;Net income;$;80,000;* Variable;expense calculation;Sales;Variable Expense Rate;Total Variable Expenses;East;Brooms;$;4,00,000;70%;$;2,80,000;Mops;2,00,000;45%;90,000;Total;$;6,00,000;$;3,70,000;West;Brooms;$;2,00,000;70%;$;1,40,000;Mops;2,00,000;45%;90,000;Total;$;4,00,000;$;2,30,000;2.;It can be;used as a guide that shows long-run profitability in each segment.;It measures;product ability to recover vairable costs and direct fixed costs that keep;the company;able to pay its debts in the long run.;E10-6 Adjusting variable cost income to absorption net income:the fixed overhead budgeted for MacBeth Co. at an expected capacity of 500,000 units is 1,500,000. variable costing is used internally, and the net income is adjusted to an absorption costing net income at year-end.Data collected over the last three years show the following:Units produced: 502,000 (first year), 498,000 (second year), 496,000 (third year)Units sold: 496,000 (first year), 503,000 (second year), 496,000 (third year)net income (variable cost): $500,000 (first year), $521,000 (second year), $497,000 (third year)Determine the adjustment each year to convert the variable costing income to absorption costing net income. Compute the absorption costing net income for each year.P10-8Break-even analysis:the production of a new product required Venetian Manufacturing Co. to lease additional plant facilities.Based on studies, the following data have been made available: Estimated annual sales- 24,000 units:Estimated costs: materials $96,000 at $4 per unitdirect labor $14,400 at $0.60 per unitfactory overhead 24,000 at $1.00 per unitadministrative expense 28,800 at $1.20 per unittotal $163,200 at $6.80 per unitselling expenses are expected to be 5% of sales, and net income is to amount to $2.00 per unit.1. calculate the selling price per unit (hint: let "x" equal the selling price and express selling expense as a percentage of "x")2. prepare an absorption costing income statement for the year ended December 31, 20133. calculate the break-even point expressed in dollars and in units, assuming that administrative expense and factory overhead are all fixed but other costs are fully variable.P10-11Calculating break-even point, contribution margin ration, and margin of safety ratio:leprechaun enterprises inc., is considering building a manufacturing plant in county cork. predicting sales of 100,000 units, leprechaun estimates the following expenses:materials: $19,000 (total annual expenses), 10% (percent of total annual expenses that are fixed)labor: $26,000 (total annual expenses), 20% (percent of total annual expenses that are fixed)overhead: $40,000 (total annual expenses), 40% (percent of total annual expenses that are fixed)marketing and administration: $14,000 (total annual expenses, 60% (percent of total annual expenses that are fixed)total: $99,000an irish firm that specializes in marketing will be engaged to sell the manufactured product and will receive a commission of 10% of the sales price. none of the u.s. home office expense will be allocated to the irish facility.1. if the unit sales price is $2, how many units must be sold to break even? (hint: first compute the variable cost per unit)2. calculate the margin of safety ratio3. calculate the contribution margin ratio;Exercise;10-12;1.;Contribution margin ratio;=;Variable costs;-;Total sales;Fixed costs;=;$1;-;$7,50,000;=;$6,00,000;2.;Break-even sales volume;=;Fixed costs;Variable costs;=;$6,00,000;=;$8,00,000;75%;3.;Margin of safety ratio;=;Total sales;-;Break-even sales;Total sales;=;$10,00,000;-;$8,00,000;=;$10,00,000;4.;Net income percentage;=;Contr. margin ratio;?;Margin of safety ratio;=;?;20%;=

 

Paper#43438 | Written in 18-Jul-2015

Price : $32
SiteLock