Assignment #1:(20 points) USHCS Perspectives:Stakeholders
Select and investigate a stakeholder organization from the list below. Post your selection in the Assignment #1 Discussion section so that your fellow students are aware of your choice. Only one student per Stakeholder Organization!
In this assignment students will gain expertise in identifying and analyzing the role of stakeholders in the U.S. Health Care Sector, examining the health care sector from the perspective of stakeholders, and examining the leadership and management of a stakeholder organization.
This assignment calls for a 3-5 page report (not including title page or reference page). The student should address the following:
Name and brief history of the stakeholder organization. Identify and describe the key health care issue the stakeholder is influencing, who is being represented by the stakeholder, the desired impact of the stakeholder on the issue and what the stakeholder’s members or constituents stand to gain if the desired outcome is achieved.
Identify and explain the stakeholder organization perspective: Payer (insurers, government payers, and employers); Provider (entities and individuals providing services in the health care system); Patient (consumers); or Producer (a product developer) could also be examined in this assignment.
Identify an organization that the stakeholder partners with OR an organization that opposes the stakeholder and describe their perspective on the same issue.
Identify the most senior leader of the organization. Describe his or her educational and positional background. Identify the duties and responsibilities of this leadership position and why this position is important to the stakeholder organization and healthcare as a whole. Describe the knowledge and skills this position requires, list some of the other the stakeholders this individual would work with and describe the nature of the stakeholder relationships. Describe the impact a person in this career might have in improving the health care system.
As is the case with all academic papers, a well-organized paper will have a clear introduction to the topic, a body, and a conclusion or summary paragraph. In addition, a well-written paper will have minimal grammar, spelling, or sentence structure mistakes and it will fully conform to all APA formatting standards.
Select an organization to investigate from the list below:
• Robert W. Johnson Foundation www.rwf.org
• Health Care Management Foundation www.hcmf.org
• National Association for Health Care Quality www.nahq.org
• Kaiser Family Foundation (Health Reform Source) http://healthreform.kff.org/
• Institute of Medicine www.iom.edu
• American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management www.aaham.org/
• Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
• American Medical Association www.ama.org
• National Association of Dental Laboratories NADL www.nadl.org/
• Food & Drug Administration (FDA) www.fda.gov
• Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufacturers of America (PHARMA) www.phrma.org/
• The Brookings Institution- health http://www.brookings.edu/research/topics/health
• National Mental Health Association www.thenationalcouncil.org/
• Mobile Health apps www.medscape.com/mobileapps
• The American Association of Physician Specialists www.aapsus.org/
• Medical Device innovation, Safety & Security Consortium (www.mdiss.org
• AARP-Health www.aarp.org
• Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (select a topic)
• Public Health Department (state or local level)
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (state)
• National Business Coalition on Health
• American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) www.aapa.org/
• Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (www.pcpcc.net)
• America’s Health Insurance Plans www.ahip.org
• National Conference of State Legislators (choose issue)
• Healthcare.gov (choose Medicaid or Medicare)
• National Association of Healthcare Access Management www.naham.org/
• American Health Information Management Association www.ahima.org/
• Health Management Associates, Inc. (owner) www.hma.com/
• Alliance for Advancing Nonprofit Health Care www.nonprofithealthcare.org
•Health Care Administrators Association www.hcaa.org/
• Pharmacy Quality Alliance www.pqa.org
• Special interest group on Behavior health www.pcpcc.net/behavioral-health
• Care Continuum Alliance http://www.carecontinuumalliance.org/index.asp
• National Coalition on Care Coordination
• National Association of Area Agencies on Aging http://www.n4a.org/
• The Alzheimer’s Association http://www.alz.org/about_us_about_us_.asp
• Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program https://www.aging.ca.gov/hicap/
• National Health Care for the Homeless http://www.nhchc.org/
• Immunization Action Coalition http://www.immunize.org/hcw/
• National Products Association http://www.npainfo.org/
• Healthy Americans: Wellness and Prevention in Health Reform http://healthyamericans.org/pages/?id=271
• Corporate Health & Wellness Association http://www.healthandwellnessassociation.com/
• US Food & Drug Administration- FDA Adverse Event Reporting Systems http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm
• Mental Health Association of America http://www.nmha.org/
• Mobile Health Interlink http://www.healthinterlink.com/about.html
Grading Rubric for written Assignment #1
Critical Thinking Skills: Clearly presents thoughts and concepts. Diagrams elements of a graphic in correct relationship to one another.
Course Content: Uses, applies, and demonstrates understanding of course materials, readings, conferences, and instructor-provided content. Visual and graphic images capture and display understanding of the concepts
Assignment Instructions: Responds to assignment instructions, including all essential elements of the project description.
Writing Quality: Writes clearly, concisely, and with few errors. APA format is followed. Citations are used. Clearly presents material graphically. Easy to understand.
Maximum total points
Mar 30, 2014 11:59 PM
Rubric Name: Assignment #1 Rubric
Criteria Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 Level 5
Creative Thought/Critical Thinking/Problem Solving/Self-Assessment 0 points
Shows no original thought; all secondhand ideas demonstrates very little creative thought or insight; consists mostly of secondhand ideas
Demonstrates very little creative thought or insight; consists mostly of secondhand ideas
Shows minimally acceptable originality, insight, and/or problem-solving skill
Shows some originality, insight, and/or problem-solving skill
Demonstrates a high degree of originality, insight, and/or problem-solving skill
Application of Concepts/Development & Support 0 points
Meaningful attempt to explain or support ideas does not exist.
Explanations and support of ideas is inadequate or ineffective.
Inconsistency in developing and supporting ideas.
Developed and supported key points.
Thorough and insightful exploration, explanations that support each idea.
Attention to Assignment Instructions 0 points
Did not demonstrate understanding of assignment requirements.
Failed to show a firm understanding of requirements. Missed two key elements or several minor aspects of assignment.
Demonstrated some understanding of requirements. Missed a key element or two minor aspects of assignment.
Demonstrated understanding of requirements. Missed one minor aspect of assignment.
Demonstrated full understanding of requirements. Responded to each aspect of assignment.
Writing Quality & Clarity, including Grammar 0 points
Largely incomprehensible writing/Poorly written in terms of mechanics and structure OR no attempt at APA style
Unclear and difficult to understand; frequent spelling and grammar issues; more than six APA style errors
Wordy; some points require rereading to understand fully; more than an occasional spelling and/or grammar; four to six APA style errors
Most ideas are presented clearly, but has occasional spelling and/or grammar issues; no more than three APA style errors
Writing is clear and easy to follow. Grammar and spelling are all correct. Formatting gives a pg are all correct. Formatting gives a professional look and adds to readability; no APA style errors
Overall Score Level 1
0 or more Level 2
1 or more Level 3
26 or more Level 4
51 or more Level 5
76 or more
Paper#58601 | Written in 27-Jan-2016Price : $20