Description of this paper

Business Law Test 2




Question;Business Law Test 2Juducial oversight is;the power of the courts to review and invalidate legislation that violates the;constitution;Crimes such as murder;and rape, which are recognized as heinous in all civilizations, are examples of;malum prohibitum crimes;The greater the risk in;a situation, the higher the duty of care;Quasi-contract is;another term for an implied-in-fact contract;Damages for a pain and;suffering from a personal injury are classified as a non-economic damages are;often difficult to calculate;One function of the;constitution is to protect individual rights by limiting the role of the;government;A "no true;bill" from a grand jury means there is insufficient evidence to bring an;accused to trial;Damages that involve;only a very small monetary award are called liquidated damages;Grace has a valid;contract with Al to buy a desk owned by James Madison. AL now refuses to go;through the sale. Because the item is unique, Grace can seek a decree of;specific performance to enforce the contract;Arizona cannot have;different standards for admitting in-state and out-of-state residents to the;practice of medicine because of the Full Faith and Credit Clause;-Alan was convicted in;a criminal trial of assaulting Ben. Ben cannot now sue Alan in tort for;personal injuries because Alan is protected against double jeopardy;Manufactures may be;subject to product liability suits based on negligence if the manufacturers;fail to provide adequate instructions for the use of the product;Not knowing you are on;the land of another person is a complete defense to charges of trespass to land;The First Amendment is;interpreted to include political free speech for corporations;Sid and Carrie were;found liable in joint and several liability for $200,000 in damages to Nancy's;property. This means the maximum amount of the award Sid will have to pay is;$100,000;Contracts formed by the;conduct of parties rather than expressed in words are implied-in-law contracts;A wronful act is either;a tort or a crime, it cannot be both;If a person claimed a;law was denying him employment opportunities based on gender, the Court would;review the law under the rational basis test;Crimes are classified;as a strict liability crime when specified intent is required;Contracts in which both;sides have completely performed their duties are executory;A surgeon is held to a;higher standard of care in performing an operation than a general practitioner;would be performing the same operation;Defamation is the first;element that must be proved in a suit for the invasion of the right to privacy;Assumption of the risk;is an element of negligence the plaintiff must prove;The function of the;grand jury is to decide the guilt or innocence of a criminal defendant;In contributory fault;states, if the plaintiff was responsible for 20% of his own injuries, he will;still be able to collect the other 80% from the negligent defendant


Paper#59355 | Written in 18-Jul-2015

Price : $22