Description of this paper

MIS 567 Paper




MIS567 Research Project Final Paper Assignment: Topic Selection (ungraded, but required);Review and research the possible topic choices. Choose your research paper topic and upload it via the Week 2 Dropbox titled "Topic Selection." Your topic choice will be reviewed, and you will receive feedback and/or approval of your topic choice. You do not have to select one of the listed topics. If there is a healthcare information technology topic that you would like to write about that is not listed, let the instructor know. The appropriateness of the topic will be evaluated against the TCO(s) your paper is intended to address.;Possible Paper Topics;Assignment: You have been asked by the executive committee of your healthcare facility to write a report on the strategic implications of information technology for your firm in the next three years. The executive committee has identified a number of potential research topics.;For your convenience, below is a list of possible topics for you to consider. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. If there is not a topic listed here that you would like to research and write about, contact your instructor so that the appropriateness (TCO[s] related, broad enough, etc.) of your topic can be assessed.;Electronic health record;Computer-based patient record (CPR);E-health;E-commerce in healthcare;Implementing telemedicine;Clinical quality management;The use of personal digital assistants in healthcare;Corporate Applications;Clinical information systems;Enterprise systems in the healthcare setting;Clinical decision support systems;Expert systems;Artificial intelligence applications in healthcare;Implementing healthcare information systems;The use of the Internet in healthcare;Executive support systems;Transaction processing systems;Knowledge management systems;Groupware;Intranets;Research Paper Outline (Due Week 3);Once you begin your research, you will need to create an outline describing how your paper will be presented. Your outline should include (but not be limited to) the following;Abstract;Purpose of the Report;Background of the Topic;Discussion of Current Issues;Recommendations based on research;Attachments;Submit your outline in the Week 3 Dropbox titled "Outline.;Research Paper Bibliography (Due Week 6);Bibliography (APA format);Other back material as needed, detailed tables, extended quotations from which shorter quotes are taken, etc.;Submit your bibliography in the Week 6 Dropbox titled "Bibliography.;Final Research Paper (Due Week 7);The Research Project Final Paper should contain a minimum of 10 double spaced pages for the body of the paper (subject content) not including: the title page, outline, attachments, or bibliography. The paper should be researched with no fewer than five citations. Use APA style for citations and references. All submissions must be in MS Word readable forma t.;You may use Applied Business Research under the Keller Online Library for your research.;Use the APA Style to format your report.;Be sure to check your report for viruses before submitting.;TurnItIn will be used to check all papers for academic integrity.;Detailed Final Research Paper Grading Rubric;Final Paper Rubric;Content 50%;Points;%;Depth of research;25;25%;Scope of research;25;25%;Illustrations;25;25%;Use of sound logic;25;25%;Total;100;50%;Editing 15%;Points Deduction;(per occurrence);%;Spelling, grammar, punctuation errors;10;5%;Misstatement of fact/u nclear meaning;20;10%;Total (not to exceed);30;15%;Organization 20%;Points;%;Introduction, thesis statement contains at least two main points;16;8%;Body text follows order of topics and main points derived from the thesis statement;8;4%;Content subdivisions follow outline;8;4%;Conclusion summarizes, complements thesis, contains no new information;8;4%;Total (not to exceed);40;20%;Documentation 15%;Incorrectly Cited or Missing;Points Deduction;(per occurrence);%;Title page;5;2.5%;Abstract;10;5%;References in text;10;5%;References page;5;2.5%;Total (not to exceed);30;15%;Category Totals;Possible Points;%;Content;100;50%;Organization and cohesiveness;40;20%;Editing;30;15%;Documentation and formatting;30;15%;Total;200;100%;Best Practices;Recommended Best Practices for writing a good Research Paper;Cover Page: Include who you prepared the paper for, your name, and the date.;Table of Contents: List the main ideas and sections of your paper and the pages in which they are located. The illustrations should be included separately.;Introduction: Use a header on your paper. This will indicate that you are introducing it.;The purpose of an introduction or opening;Introduce the subject and why it is important.;Preview the main ideas and the order in which they will be covered.;Establish the document's tone.;Include in the introduction a reason for the audience to read the paper. Also include an overview of what you are going to cover, as well as the importance of the material. (This should include or introduce the questions you are asked to answer on each assignment.);Body of the Report: Use a header titled with the name of your project. Example: "The Development of Hotel X: A World Class Resort." Then proceed to break out the main ideas. State the main ideas, state major points in each idea, and provide evidence. Show some type of division, like separate sections that are labeled, separate groups of paragraphs, or headers. You will include the information you found during your research and investigation.;Summary and Conclusion: Summarizing is similar to paraphrasing but presents the gist of the material in fewer words than the original. An effective summary identifies the main ideas and major support points from the body of your report. Minor details are left out. Summarize the benefits of the ideas and how they affect healthcare information administration and management.;Works Cited: Use the citation format specified in the Syllabus.;Additional hints on preparing the best possible project.;Apply a three step process of writing: Plan, write, and complete.;Prepare an outline of your research paper before you go forward.;Complete a first draft and then go back to edit, evaluate, and make any required changes.;Use visual communication to further clarify and support the written part of your report. You may use example graphs, diagrams, photographs, flowcharts, maps, drawings, animation, video clips, pictograms, tables, and Gantt charts.


Paper#72292 | Written in 18-Jul-2015

Price : $22